Please download and complete a Job Posting Information Sheet before submitting for posting.
Please send new submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org
All jobs will be posted for 60 days then removed, unless reposted by the offering organization.
The Pennsylvania Chemical Plant will be a world-scale petrochemical plant in Western Pennsylvania that upgrades locally-produced ethane from Marcellus and Utica shale formations gas production to make polyethylene. As construction of the site progresses, the site is now growing to support Commissioning and Start-Up activities and prepare for full operation in the early 2020s.
The Industrial Hygienist, working alongside the HSSE Department, participates as part of the Health and IH team to ensure that potential health, safety and environmental hazards are identified, evaluated and controlled.
- Provide Industrial Hygiene Support to the Shell Polymers Asset Team and during future operation of the plant. This involves both routine and emergent issues and concerns related to the day to day work and future operation of the plant.
- Coordinate implementation of Shell's health policies, standards, procedures, targets and performance measures for the management occupational health risks.
- Provide expert health risk assessments for the Project Team and the eventual, operations, maintenance and employees at the plant when operational.
- Plan and conduct exposure monitoring. Prepare reports and interpret the exposure evaluations.
- Serve as TSCA coordinator.
- Site owner of IH related safety procedures and their training.
- Support other safety and business program elements such as incident investigation /causal learning, auditing, and lean initiatives.
- Support the new employee orientation process for assigned topics.
- Provide IH consultation and support to new projects, once operations are stable. Coordinate industrial hygiene contractor support for Turnaround activities. Work extended workweek during emergencies and Turnarounds as assigned.
- Maintain current knowledge of technical and management issues in the field of industrial hygiene. Maintain appropriate certification and association memberships for professional practice.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Must have legal authorization to work in US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Industrial Hygiene, Occupational Health and Safety, or similar science field providing necessary educational background for success as an Industrial Hygienist. A Master's degree is preferred.
- Experience as a professional industrial hygienist preferably in Refining, Petrochemical and/or Manufacturing.
- Experience with radiation safety, asbestos supervisor, emergency response; preferred.
- Able to balance important planned program work with urgent requests/reactive work.
- CIH is preferred.
- Be able to obtain and maintain Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) card.
For more information, please contact:
General Manager, Product Stewardship
Tel: +44 2079 343 355
Mobile: +44 7811 539175
Certified Industrial Hygienist
ATC is seeking a Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH)/safety professional for our Mid-Atlantic region, which consists of four primary offices in Raleigh and Charlotte, NC, Virginia Beach, VA, and Columbia, SC, and satellite offices in Wilmington and Asheville, NC. The position will be based in one of the primary office locations within the region, with a preference for the North Carolina offices due to their more central location within the region.
Essential job functions include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinate and grow the industrial hygiene (IH)/safety service line across the Mid-Atlantic Region
- Provide business development and technical assistance on IH and safety compliance projects/programs for clients locally and nationally
- Oversee and perform IH projects from proposal to completion
- Oversee and perform safety and environmental compliance projects from proposal to completion
- Provide technical training and mentoring to staff, develop internal standard operating procedures for field data collection and reporting, work with IH/safety leaders across company to develop consistent procedures
- Bachelor's degree in industrial hygiene, environmental science, safety or related discipline
- IH certification from the American Board of Industrial Hygiene
- Certifications in field: OSHT, CHST, CSP, licensed Asbestos Inspector, Air Sampling Technician( AST), Air Sampling Professional (ASP), Lead Inspector, and/or NIOSH 582(e), or the ability to obtain such certification highly desirable
- Five to ten years of IH/regulatory and safety compliance experience in industrial and construction environments
- Environmental compliance auditing experience preferred
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, analytical and computer skills (MS Office)
- Experienced in writing comprehensive technical reports
- Experience maintaining corporate management standards (either as a consultant or an internal compliance officer)
- Willingness to perform marketing and develop new business relationships
- Ability to multitask, maintain flexibility, travel periodically, and work independently with little supervision
Submit resume to:
- Via e-mail: Irene.email@example.com
- Via U.S. Mail:
ATC Group Services, LLC
2725 East Millbrook Road, Suite 121
Raleigh, NC 27604